Help For Current Customers
Engine Mobile Support for Users
1. Order the correct size SIM for your child's phone & wait for delivery, 2-3 days.
2. When your SIM arrives, insert it correctly in your phone, and then turn the phone on.
3. Within a few minutes of the phone being on, with the SIM correctly inserted you will receive an email. The email will contain your account log in details and your SIMs telephone number. ( The SIM will also receive an SMS containing the number )
4. You will then need to log in to your account with the details on the email and change your password.
5. When you have changed your password, log back into your account and add your chosen amount of credit to your account.
6. You will now be ready to use your SIM!
This can be changed in your call settings on the phone itself, as this is not a feature or problem with our network.
You will need to find the phone settings on your mobile and then find either "caller id" or "display my phone number” and turn it on. This should now display your phone number on the device that you are calling.
If you upgrade your Safe Plan to Safe Plan+, you will receive unlimited access to the Geolocation part of our service.
Geolocation gives you the ability to track your child and their phone. They will not be able to avoid or disable this, so you will always be able to see where they are.
You can upgrade your plan to access this additional service by logging into your account, clicking on the Geolocation tab and clicking on upgrade.
To get your SIM to roam, you will need to go into the settings on your phone, find phone settings and then find "Network Selection" and choose the automatic network selection button. This will now allow your phone to roam over the major networks.
If your SIM can only find one Network to connect to, it will be due to your area, as not all of the networks have full UK coverage, which is why you have the power to connect to them all, so that your child can always contact Home.
It will take 48-72 hours for all the Networks to learn that the SIM is in use, so it's not unusual to find that roaming activity increases after the first couple of days.
If your SIM is stolen, you will need to let us know as soon as possible, so that we can disable it, transfer your balance over to a new account and send you a new SIM. We charge £10 for SIM replacements.
If your SIM breaks, let us know and we will send you a SIM free of charge and ensure that the broken SIM is disabled.
If the buttons in your portal's data, settings or Geolocation tab won't work, you will need to ensure that your device's cookies are enabled.
If they are disabled, they will need to be enabled in order for your buttons to work.
Your phone will have a setting to enable/disable caller ID. Check that it is set to enable caller id, as this setting sometimes changes when you switch SIM cards
If there is an issue ( which could be something outside of our control - such as a network issue or a problem with a mobile carrier that you're connected to ), we'll update our system status page here: https://engine-mobile.co.uk/system-status/
To contact support please email: email@example.com
If you're trying to connect to mobile data and receive a "PDP Authentication Error", check:
- There is sufficient credit on the account
- The data APN in the phone is set to "globaldata"
If you have another child or vulnerable person you would like a SIM for, you can add a new SIM to your account Here
If you have anymore questions, please contact us. 0330 122 1180 firstname.lastname@example.org